- Blog Photos Are the First Priority - All the photos/video you take are taken with your readers in mind. The amusing photo of the baboon's butt at the zoo makes it onto your camera, but sadly baby's fun in the bath just isn't blog-worthy enough.
- You Do Blog Post Brainstorming Anytime, Anywhere - You think about blog post ideas in the shower, on the toilet, brushing your teeth, in the swimming pool, on walks, whilst cleaning the bathtub or pretty well anytime anybody lets you have a thought to yourself.
- You Have a Handy Dandy Notebook - You never go anywhere without a pen and notebook or your digital camera, just in case inspiration hits or that priceless photo opportunity arises.
- Conversation is Affected - You start all your conversations with, "I read a post about..." or "Sara over at Sara Blogs did that very same thing the other day..."
- Your Browser Tells On You - The website for your hit counter is the top entry on your browser's cache, so all you have to do is hit "www." and that website address pops up. (Yes, I know that I could put it in my favourites, but I am trying to delude myself into thinking that I'm not all about the stats.)
- You Have an Overambitious Google Reader - Your Google Reader has more than 1000+ unread posts, because you keep following people's blogs with the intention of going back to read some more of their stuff, but never do. (I do read a lot of blogs, but I have some favourites that I go back to all the time, and I tend to use my blog roll to access those)
- You Have Delusions of Grandeur - You get a great sense of achievement when you feel you have written a good blog post, and you are over the moon when your readers enjoy it as much as you did. You suddenly imagine book deals, fame and fortune.
- You Feel More Blogging Role Models Are Needed - You've read Julie & Julia; Eat, Pray, Love (not about blogging, but a personal diary-style book) and watched Motherhood, and you wish there were more books/movies about bloggers.
- Your Family Life is Affected - Your family start calling you by your pen name.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
9 Telltale Signs You Are Addicted to Blogging
Did you enjoy reading this? If you're new here, may I suggest you subscribe via email to make sure you don't miss out on the next blog post?